Search This Blog

Monday, November 23, 2020

A MEDIEVAL KNIGHT IN MY LIVING ROOM



It was snowing hard during that January afternoon, and I just finished brewing some delicious hazelnut coffee. I grabbed my black coffee mug and sat on my favorite cobalt blue chair in my living room to read a book.
I was really entertained on the story I was reading about King Richard III. Suddenly, I was interrupted by a burst of flash in front of the fireplace. There I was, staring at this medieval knight who was as tall as my front door. He was holding his helmet and his reddish hair was messy. His face was thin with a long chin, and his green eyes were small and a bit slanted.
Although he had his knight's armor, I could see that his body wasn't strong enough to be a knight, since I could see his skinny legs through his tight iron pants.
For a few seconds he didn't seem to notice where he was. Then, finally, he opened his eyes wide and was bewildered for seeing himself on my living room. Since he had no idea how he got there, he started talking loud in a rough, deep voice, uttering words in old English, and reaching for his sword at the same time, which was hanging by his left side; he was a left hand user. He lifted his sword to take some action all agitated, and just then, I woke up.
What a relief! It was just a nightmare! I might have fell asleep reading my book. 

Short story by C. Crow - All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment